TTCA At A Glance
Here's a "teaser" about our Chromebook Initiative as we look forward to the 2018-2019 school year. Next fall, our students will be given a new Chromebook which is theirs to use at both school and home. What's this all about? It is the vision of TTCA to create a 21st century mobile learning community that is student-focused in the development of lifelong learners. The 1:1 Chromebook program will support, enhance, and extend the student learning process, remove obstacles of space and availability, and provide quick access to research tools thereby enriching the academic environment.
Yes, this fall, 7th-12th grade students will receive a new Chromebook to use both at home and school (while our 5th and 6th grade students will use our school technology), but what does this particular Chromebook look like? Check out this short commercial.
The 2018-2019 Chromebook initiative will help us fulfill part of our school's mission --- to provide a student-centered education.
Here are some of the goals we have for our students.
• Students will have access to content from a variety of resources in a variety of styles tailored to how they learn best.
• Students will collaborate with teachers, professionals and peers to enhance learning.
• Students will create content to demonstrate mastery and will share that content with others to help them learn.
• Students will take greater ownership in the learning process and have the resources available to delve into subject areas they are passionate about.
• Students will use technology to organize their personal and professional lives.
HAPPENING NOW AT TTCA
TTCA Student Spotlight!
STUDENT HAS THE OPPORTUNITY TO REPRESENT TTCA AT NATIONAL COMPETITION....Recently, TTCA senior, Sarah Proper, traveled with other students from her BOCES New Visions class to the Family, Career and Community Leaders of America NYS competition in Rochester. At the state competition, Sarah was awarded the Gold in the Job Interview category. As a result, she is invited (along with other area winners) to the National FCCLA competition in Atlanta, GA, June 27-July 2. Congratulations Sarah!